There could be a number of reasons. But the most common for this device are:
- Are you located in a rural area, where cellular weak reception could be a problem?
Check the SIM card (in your tracker) provider's coverage map and or call them to confirm based on your zip code.
- Are you using a provider for your tracking device that may not be supported in your coverage area?
Confirm by reviewing the coverage map or calling the provider of the SIM card installed in the tracker.
- Is the SIM card properly aligned into the tray of the tracker with the lock swing door clicked in place?
Reinsert and check.
- Are you simply trying to call the tracker's phone number?
We pre-configure the tracker for out of the box use. You do not need to do anything more than activating a SIM card, properly installing it, charging the battery and that's it. Now simply call the tracker using the SIM card's phone number you were provided by the provider and it will respond to you via text message with its coordinates.
- Did you change the trackers password or try to set yourself up as admin?
- Do you have funding on your prepaid SIM card?
Check with your provider.
- Are you using the correct SIM card?
You cannot use AT&T GoPhone SIM cards, Trackphone, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, and various other prepaid cards. We explain what you should use in our article about SIM cards. Back out of this on and visit the alternative FAQ question about what SIM card to use.
- Is your tracker located indoors when you're trying to contact it?
If so then your problem is reception, please take it outside with clear line of sight and allow 10 minutes to pass, then try and contact it by calling it.