To set or edit the time and date of your device, make sure that the memory card is inserted and follow the steps below:
- Turn off SpyDrive and connect it to your computer's USB port.
- Open "My Computer" or equivalent and look for the removable disk drive pertaining to SpyDrive.
- Open the removable disk drive then look for a file labeled "time.txt" and open it. The file should be found under the root directory of the memory card and not in any folder.
- Edit the date and time. Make sure to follow the format YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss. The time should be in military format, please see example below:
- Click File then Save to save the changes made.
- Safely remove the device from the computer and disconnect it from the USB port.
- Turn on the device and record a video to check the date and time stamp.
If in any case you can't find the time.txt file, just go ahead and open Notepad and type and the date and time. Make sure to follow the format then click File and Save then save the file as time.txt.