There could be a number of reasons. But the most common for this device are:
- Are you located in a rural area, where cellular weak reception could be a problem?
Check the SIM card (in your tracker) providers coverage map and or call them to confirm based on your zip code. Consider using the GSM and GPS antenna's. The built-in antennas may be too small to pick up a weak signal in your area.
- Are you using a providing for your tracking device that may not be supported in your coverage area?
Confirm by reviewing the coverage map or calling the provider of the SIM card installed in the tracker. Consider using the GSM and GPS antenna's. The built-in antennas may be too small to pick up a weak signal in your area.
- Is the SIM card properly aligned into the tray of the tracker?
Reinsert and check.
- Is the SIM card tray aligned with the trays sliding rails properly showing a perfect flush insert, not one side of the tray higher than the other?
Reinsert and check.
- Are you using the tracker's provided antennas?
Consider it. Your area may not have a strong enough signal for the internal antennas to pick up.
- Are you simply trying to call the trackers phone number?
We pre-configure the tracker for out of the box use. You don't need to do anything more than activating a SIM card, properly installing it, charging the battery and that's it. Now simply call the tracker using the SIM card's phone number you were provided by the provider and it will respond to you via text message with its coordinates.
- Did you change the trackers password or try to set yourself up as admin?
Until you become familiar with the device's commands and have read the entire user guide, you shouldn't use either of these commands. You can easily lock yourself out. Give us a call if this has happened to you and we can reset the unit for you 1-877-686-7495.
- Do you have funding on your prepaid SIM card?
Check with your provider.
- Are you using the correct SIM card?
You cannot use AT&T GoPhone SIM cards, Trackphone, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, and various other prepaid cards. We explain what you should use in our article about SIM cards. Back out of this on and visit the alternative FAQ question about what SIM card to use.
- Is your tracker located indoors when you're trying to contact it?
If so then your problem is reception, please take it outside with clear line of sight and allow 10 minutes to pass, then try and contact it by calling it.