- You will need a standard size unlocked prepaid GSM SIM card like H20 Wireless, Red Pocket or from other provider if you're within the USA. Most cellular providers lock their SIM cards and so you cannot just use any GSM SIM card and expect the unit to work although we can help find one in your area.
For international customers, just use a local popular GSM cellular service that is available in your country or area. Make sure that the SIM card is GSM (uses GSM network), standard size and unlocked by the provider. (Many international cellular providers DO NOT lock their GSM SIM cards or account to any specific phone like the United States does.)
- The unit needs a full charge before you can operate it. Leave it plugged in for 15 hours (or, just overnight) for the first couple of uses.
- Once a SIM card has been tested (with a cellular phone first) and is confirmed working, insert it into your iTrack 2.0. Turn it on and place it outside on top of your car's dashboard to ensure it receives full signal from both satellites and cellular towers. The unit needs a direct line of sight to the sky for the first few uses to get the local towers pre-cached in the tracker. (Please refer to the link below on how to properly install the SIM to the tracker).
- ALL text commands must be in lower case characters. Most cellular phones will want to upper case the first letter of every command. The workaround: Write the letter twice then, delete the first upper case letter.
- When sending begin123456 will reply with "begin ok!" If no reply is received after sending the command, stop here and contact us so, we can further assists you. If it sends you a reply then this means your tracker is ready for use.