There are several reason why your camera won't turn on and these are:
A. No memory card is inserted
Make sure that a memory card (between 2GB - 32GB) is inserted.
B. The camera is not connected to a power source.
Make sure that the camera is connected to a power source (input: 100V - 240V).
C. Memory card may be defective.
Make sure that the memory card you are using is not defective, you can try inserting the memory card to a different compatible device to test if it will work. You can also try a different memory card or, you can go ahead and format the memory card.
To format the memory card, please follow the steps below.
- 1Insert the memory card to a card reader then connect the card reader to the USB port of your computer.
- Open My Computer or Computer.
- Look for the drive pertaining to the memory card. It could be labeled as F: or G:
- Right click on the drive and a menu will pop up. Left click on "Format".
- Make sure "File System" is set to "FAT32".
- Tick "Quick Format" then click "Start" button.
- Insert the memory card to a card reader then connect the card reader to the USB port of your computer.
- Double click Macintosh HD.
- Select Applications.
- Double click Utilities then double click "Disk Utilities".
- Select the memory card reader from the list located on the left side of the screen.
- Click Erase. Make sure "Volume Format" is MS DOS File System (FAT16).
- Click Erase, which located on the lower right of the screen.
- A message that says "Are you sure you wish to erase the volume memory card name?" would appear, just click "Erase".
To avoid damaging the memory card, make sure not to remove the microSD card during video recording or when the unit is booting.